The Prospect Park Alliance seeks Volunteer Greeters to provide valuable assistance to the millions of visitors to Prospect Park, improving the visitor experience and raising awareness of the Alliance during large events on weekends and select evenings (from Smoragsburg to PopUp Dinner Brooklyn). Volunteer Greeters will receive training for this position and must be friendly, outgoing and comfortable working outside at locations throughout the Park.
Founded in 1987 to restore the Park after years of decline, the Prospect Park Alliance is a non-profit organization that works in partnership with the City of New York to preserve and maintain Prospect Park, Brooklyn’s flagship park. The Alliance provides a majority of the staff and operating budget that keeps the Park green and beautiful. The Alliance cares for the natural environment, restores historic design, creates new Park amenities and provides public programs for the Park, which receives more than 10 million visits each year.
- 15 two-hour shifts on weekends and/or select evenings (roughly 2 shifts/month) over a six month period: April – October 2016 (availability for select events and activities in the off-season is an added plus)
- Based at locations throughout the Park
- Must be able attend training session prior to start of volunteer season
- Welcome and greet Prospect Park visitors as a representative of the Prospect Park Alliance
- Answer questions about the Park and Prospect Park Alliance
- Distribute materials (maps, Prospect Park Alliance members brochures) and help facilitate marketing activities (marketing raffles and other promotion)
- Assist Prospect Park Alliance staff in setting up tent, table, and literature displays (must be able to lift 10lbs)
- 18+ years of age
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Strong customer service skills
- Interest in learning about Prospect Park and the Prospect Park Alliance
- Ability to work in locations throughout the Park
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment
- Ability to stand for majority of 2-hour shifts
- Ability to lift 10lbs
For the application, click here.