Winter Weather Advisories:
1. Wind Advisory Remains in effect from 9 AM this morning till 6 PM this evening; HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM FRIDAY.
2. The New York City Department of Sanitation has issued a Snow Alert effective Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 12:01am. A total of two to four inches of snow is expected.
3. WEATHER REPORT:
An abnormally cold air mass has pushed into the tristate area today and will linger through Friday. Blustery conditions will prevail through this period with wind chill values ranging from around 10 above zero today, to around zero to 10 below tonight. In addition, to the cold weather and gusty winds, there could be scattered snow showers today and tonight.
TIMING and PRECIPITATION
• Today and Tomorrow will be very cold with temperatures remaining below freezing.
• Around midnight wind gusts are expected to increase to 55 to 65 mph.
• Friday’s wind chill values will be between zero and 10 degrees.
• Snow is expected Friday night into Saturday with a total accumulation of 2.00 to 4.00 inches.
• Snow will change over to freezing rain for a brief period of time before transition to all rain.
• Total precipitation is expected to be 1.00 to 1.25 inches.
• Today: Windy, with a northwest wind 18 to 23 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 47 mph.
• Tonight: Windy, with a west wind 24 to 29 mph decreasing to 17 to 22 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.
• Friday: Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph becoming west 7 to 12 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
• Friday night: Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
• Saturday: Southwest wind around 10 mph.
• Today: 26/16
• Friday: 28/28
• Saturday: 47/43
• Sunday: 54/26