The Haitian-American Community Coalition (HCC) is seeking a full time Human Resources Administrative Assistant. This position is based in Brooklyn, NY.
The Human Resources Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to Management on all personnel matters and assists with payroll processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
• Conducts benefits enrollment for new employees.
• Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains books current.
• Submits the online investigation requests and assists with new employee background checks.
• Reconciles the benefits statements.
• Performs payroll/benefit-related reconciliations to General Ledger and other accounts.
• Conducts audits of various payroll benefits or other HR programs and recommends any corrective action.
• Updates HR spreadsheet with employee change requests and processes paperwork.
• Assists with processing of terminations.
• Assists with the preparation of the performance review forms.
• Assists with various research projects and/or special projects.
• Assists with recruitment and interview process.
• Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by Management.
• Schedules conferences by reserving facilities at local hotels and/or restaurants.
• Makes photocopies, faxes documents and performs other clerical functions.
• Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
• Assists or prepares correspondence.
• Prepares new employee files.
• Processes mail.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
• Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human or Health Services, or related areas; Effective oral/written/verbal communication and customer service skills; personal computer skills including Microsoft Office
About Haitian-American Community Coalition, Inc. (HCC):
Founded in 1982, the Haitian-American Community Coalition (HCC) is a registered 501(c) 3 nonprofit community-based service provider (and originally a network coordinator of eight Haitian community centers in the New York Metropolitan Area that help U.S. Haitian immigrants gain self-sufficiency). HCC services clients through immigration/refuge assistance, ESL, housing placement assistance, health and wellness education (via Fitness for Flatbush and FitBK), PLWHA housing, HIV/AIDS education prevention, case management, mental health services, substance abuse counseling, and youth services. Services are provided in English, French, Haitian Creole, and Spanish. A 32-year service history has established HCC as a spokes organization and information source on Haitian communities in the U.S. and Haiti for Federal, State and City agencies, hospitals, universities, public schools, and research groups. For more information, visit www.hccinc.org.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for 2 professional references to: email@example.com
No phone calls please. Review of applications will begin immediately and positions will remain open until filled.
The Haitian-American Community Coalition is an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization.