Join the District 13 Family Resource Center as they kick off their first-ever Fall Harvest & Resource Fair with an exciting Community Festival. The event will take place at 419 Waverly Place in the P.S. 11 schoolyard.
The Fall Harvest and Resource Fair may include:
- School information stations with schedules for school tours and open house dates
- Entertainment featuring performances from local groups
- Community agencies and organizations will distribute information on their services.
- Health screening
- Raffles, giveaways and more
This is an invitation for you to be part of this unique celebration of their distinctive district, which includes several neighborhoods. Community School District 13 spans Brooklyn Heights, DUMBO, Park Slope, Prospect Heights, Clinton Hill, Fort Greene, and Bedford-Stuyvesant. You are invited to be a part of this family-friendly fun day. They want to create an atmosphere that will invite families to learn about and enjoy the best of District 13.
Get a head start on your High School Application—learn more about High School Admissions at Family Workshops this July:
Introduction to High School Admissions Family Workshop: Learn how to find public high schools that fit your interests and how to build a balanced application.
Specialized High Schools Admissions Family Workshop: Learn about the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT), find out about the LaGuardia High School auditions, and speak to school representatives.
RSVP to secure your seat at HSFamilyWorkshops.Eventbrite.com!
Get ready to apply to high school this fall! All eighth grade and first-time ninth grade students and their families can prepare by taking these next steps:
- Read the 2017 NYC High School Directory: Research high school programs, familiarize yourself with the admissions timeline, and learn about the process with admissions activities.
- Review the 2016-2017 Specialized High Schools Student Handbook: Learn about the Specialized High Schools, understand the admissions process for these schools, and prepare for the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) and/or LaGuardia High School auditions.
- Attend a High School Family Workshop in July: Get to know the process, how to use the High School Directory, and tips for a balanced application firsthand from High School Admissions staff.
Printed directories and handbooks for families are now being distributed to public middle schools and Family Welcome Centers; English and translated directories and handbooks will be available at all of these locations by mid-June.
Visit High School Admissions, contact your guidance counselor, or call 718-935-2399 with questions
As part of the NYCDOE Administration’s goal to achieve Equity and Excellence throughout the school system, the Computer Science for All (CS4All) initiative will ensure that, by 2025, all students will receive meaningful, high quality Computer Science education at each school level- from elementary to high school.
I am pleased to announce the Elementary School Computer Science Pilot (ESCSP), the first CS4All initiative to reach elementary students.
The goal of ESCSP is to increase the number of elementary school students- especially from traditionally under-represented groups- who are exposed to computer science so as to develop their computational thinking and problem-solving skills through a curriculum set in real world contexts.
Schools that are interested in participating in the ESCSP must form a school team of approximately 3-7 teachers under the guidance of a principal and/or assistant principal and submit an application.
Please note that applications are due April 22, 2016.