Searching for a summer program for youth ages 4-17? Explore the Brooklyn Center for the Arts Summer Program.
From Ballet Bed-Stuy and Brass Key to the Hip Hop Academy Project and Arrows Summer Program, your child(ren) will explore their creativity and imagination during eight weeks of music and dance.
We are excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2017 Free Summer Two Week Intensive Leadership and Debate Training Program! We are currently recruiting Middle school, High School and College-aged young women and girls who wish to the gain necessary leadership and debate skills to excel in academic and extracurricular activities.
BALI’s Summer Intensive Leadership and Debate Training Program:
- Encourages young women and girls to take leadership roles in their local and global communities.
- Fosters awareness of social issues on a local, national and international level.
- Encourages spiritual and intellectual growth through various workshops and activities.
- Provides participants with opportunists to network with women in a multitude of fields, exposing them to opportunities for internships and employment.
- Utilizes debate training activities to enhance research and oral communication skills.
- Establishes mentoring relationships, support, and referrals for internships.
- Promotes the development of sisterhood through interactive and collaborative activities.
If you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
(This application can be accessed by visiting our website www.abzuginstitute.org and clicking “apply now” in the upper right-hand corner.)
Training Dates: Monday- Saturday, July 17th, 2017 to July 29th, 2017.
Application Deadline: Sunday, April 30th, 2017 at 11:59 PM SHARP
The Mayor’s Office Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain experience and develop the capacity to solve New York City’s most pressing issues. The mission of the Mayor’s Office Internship Program is to build a diverse pipeline of future public service leaders. This highly selected diverse group of men and women collaborate with staff to better the Office of the Mayor and New York City.
The Mayor’s Office Internship Program encompasses three major components:
- Work Assignment: Interns are placed in specific departments for the duration of the internship program and will work on a range of projects and tasks including, but not limited to: conducting research, attending meetings, managing incoming inquiries, data analysis, drafting briefings, staffing events, outreach and special projects.
- Government Engagement: Interns will participate in a bi-weekly Speaker Series at City Hall with guest speakers including Deputy Mayors, Commissioners, Program Directors and other senior staff. Interns will also be provided with the opportunity to tour various Mayors’ Office facilities.
- Service Project: In collaboration with NYC Service, the volunteering arm of New York City, Mayor’s Office interns will come together as a group to coordinate a service project that will impact not only our most deserving communities but countless New Yorkers that are in need.